United States citizens can visit the State Department's travel website, or call the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778; for TDD / TTY, call 888-874-7793
Passport customers should allow a sufficient amount of time to apply and receive their passport in advance of travel. Please allow 6 weeks for routine processing of passport applications.
If urgent travel is needed and a passport is required sooner, please visit the State Department's travel website for additional information.
Obtaining a Passport
To obtain a passport you will need:
- An approved color passport photo
- The photograph must be clear, with a full front view of your face, untouched, and taken within the last 6 months.
- The background should be white or ‘very' light
- Clothing should be darker colored normal street attire.
- Do not wear camouflage, white shirts, hair bows, headbands or glasses
- We do not take pictures at our facility.
- A state certified copy of your birth certificate
- This must have a raised, State Seal on it. Hospital Certificates and Birth Abstracts are not acceptable.
- If you are a naturalized citizen, you must present us with your original naturalization papers.
All original documents that are sent with your application are returned to you in a separate mailing.
Planning Your Visit
It takes approximately 30 minutes to complete the entire process. We request that you come to the office no later than 4:00 p.m.
We have to identify all applicants, and you must present your current photo identification (example: drivers license) or some other form of secondary identification.
Each applicant must be present at the time of application acceptance. This includes babies and children.
Applications must be filled out by the applicant unless it is a small child.
We do not accept debit cards or credit cards. Personal checks are accepted.
Check or Money Order made payable to the U.S. Department of State for Passport Processing Fees as described below.
Cash or check made payable to the Washington County Clerk for Execution fee for each application.
Obtaining a Copy of Your Birth Certificate
To obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate you must contact the state agency within your birth state directly. (An internet web search is usually the quickest.)
Applicants Under Age 16
An application for a child under age 16 must have the following documents:
- Child's evidence of citizenship
- Proof of relationship to parent or guardian
- A birth certificate, court order, adoption decree
- Identification of the parent(s) or guardian(s) must be listed on the application
The parent(s) or guardian(s) must sign the application
Passport applications are subject to a two parent consent law. Both parents must either be present for the application process, or the non-appearing parent must provide consent
If submitting a previous passport, remember to include the birth certificate listing the parents or court order designating guardianship.
Passport Renewal By Mail
You may qualify for renewal by mail only if:
- The issue date of your last passport was less than 15 years ago.
- You were 16 or older when it was issued.
- Your name is the same or you can submit name-change documentation (marriage certificate or court order).
- You can submit this passport.
- The passport is undamaged (beyond normal wear and tear).
Expedited Service - Form DS-11 or DS-82
Expedited applications are subject to a $60 charge per application. Expedite fee does not include overnight delivery; two-way overnight delivery must be paid for separately. Customer must arrange for overnight delivery to ensure receipt within 7-10 days.
If international departure is less than 2 weeks, or passport is needed for foreign visas, application at a Regional Passport Agency may be advised. Appointment required.
For the latest up to date information, visit the State Department's travel website.
|Passport for Ages 16 & Over
|Passport for Ages Under 16